Injuries caused by horse riding accidents vary in their seriousness – from spinal and head injuries to fractured feet. Amongst the most common causes of horse riding claims are:
- Competition accidents – the organisers of any equine event must provide a safe environment for the competition. They cannot avoid liability by putting up a notice that says ‘we as the organisers accept no responsibility for injuries whilst in competition’ eg if you fell off your horse whilst competing due to a faulty jump, you may be able to claim against the organiser of the competition.
- Accidents riding on the road – both you and motorists on the road must observe traffic law and Highway Code. If you and your horse are involved in an accident whilst riding on the road you may be entitled to compensation from the negligent driver. The compensation awarded may cover your personal injury and any vet bills for the horse.
- Accidents when working with horses – your employer must provide you with a safe working environment. So if you suffer an injury at work, you may be entitled to seek compensation. This applies to stable volunteers as well as employees.
- Riding school accidents– a riding school owner must, for example, make sure that the horse is suitable for the rider and that a trained guide or teacher accompanies inexperienced riders in their lessons or whilst on a hack.
Anyone suffering injury whilst in the care of a riding school, may be able to claim compensation.
- Accidents caused by faulty equipment – every riding equipment supplier must ensure their equipment is of satisfactory quality and fit for purpose. Suffering a riding accident caused by faulty tack can give cause to an equine compensation claim.
Contact Our Horse Riding Claims Solicitors
Wherever you live in England or Wales, our specialist team can help. If you are unable to make it into one of our offices in Wiltshire, Hampshire, Dorset, then we may be able to make a home visit alternatively, our solicitors can deal with your claim phone, e-mail and Skype.
Contact us about your horse riding claim as soon as possible –
phone our specialist Claims Solicitors for a FREE initial phone consultation on 0800 1404544
or e-mail us at email@example.com
FREEPHONE 0800 1404544